Translate

Mittwoch, 17. April 2013

Skill Builder Sampler: Blocks 8 to 10

I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced for the first time today. Yay!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I'm working on a skill builder sampler and today I'm showing you blocks 8 to 10 which I finished last night as well as all ten blocks together. The blocks finish at 12 Inch square and there will be 36 once I'm done. First the drafts:


Block 8 is called Breaking Out and the Tutorial is here. It consists of 12 Flying Geese and I think I managed well - not cutting off too many tips and the red geese almost meeting in the centre.


Block 9 is a Double Star made from this tutorial. Again it's about Flying Geese with the background forming the star points. I liked the blue centre a lot before I put on the green. But the finished block looks good too.


Block 10 is an Ohio Star. This tutorial focuses on quarter square triangels and it's the easiest of these three blocks.


I took a different approach this time. So far I've always drafted, cut and sewed one block at a time. This time I worked on all three at the same time. First all the cutting - as shown in yesterday's post. And then chain piecing as much as possible. As I used different colours of fabric for all blocks there was no danger of confusing anything. And I got three blocks done in one day! I don't think I can keep up this speed as the blocks are getting more and more difficult with methods I haven't used before.

As promised, here's a picture of what I've completed so far. Only 10 done and I hardly know where to put them to take pictures. What will I do once I've finished all 36 of them?


 Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!!

Da ich heute zum ersten Mal mit WIP Wednesday verlinke, ist der Post hauptsächlich in Englisch, weil ich hoffe, dass ich viel internationalen Besuch bekomme! Aber die Bilder sind hoffentlich selbsterklärend. Diesmal hab ich 3 Blöcke parallel genäht. Da ich jeden Stoff nur in einem Block verwendet hab, bestand keine Verwechslungsgefahr. Jetzt sind 10 Blöcke fertig und ich hatte schon Schwierigkeiten einen Platz zu finden um sie alle für ein Foto aufzulegen. Wie wird das erst, wenn alle 36 fertig sind?

Danke für deinen Kommentar, Bea! Ich hoff, der Nase deines Mannes geht's wieder besser!

Kommentare:

  1. Congratulations on learning new blocks and skills! These look fabulous! Keep going...you are doing a great job!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey das geht ja zügig voran. Die drei neuen Blöcke sind wieder schön geworden. Der fertige Quilt wird bestimmt gut aussehen.

    LG
    Jeannette

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow! 36 blocks will make an epic quilt! Lots of interesting blocks!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Great blocks! Looks like a fun sampler!

    AntwortenLöschen